Friday night fun tournament coming up on 23rd February. Everyone invited to enter. Includes plate competition and nibbles and prizes for winners. Drinks available. Starts 1830
Entry fee £3.00, advance entry via classes/events section of the website.
Replaces club night
TIMED HANDICAP TOURNAMENT RULES
- Games are played American scoring (a point is scored regardless of who served)
- Each game lasts 10 minutes
- Games start and finish when the whistle blows
- The winner is the player with the highest score when the whistle blows
- In the event of scores being even, one sudden-death rally is played to determine the winner
- The server does not need to wait for the opponent to be ready when serving
- The marker may deduct penalty points for time wasting
- Starting scores adjusted so that the player with the highest handicap starts from zero.
Special new year joining offer. Sign up for membership before February 21st and pay no joining fee.
Annual membership £60.00 usual joining fee £15 – waived until February 21st.
Simon Storey handicap tournament
This annual event will take place over the weekend 24-26 November. All members are invited to enter – the handicapping system means players of all standards are in with a chance.
Cost £3.00 includes plate competition for first round losers.
Format: handicaps awarded on basis of league position and form.
First (and second) round matches on Friday evening.
Quarter finals and semi-finals to be played on Saturday or Sunday at the convenience of players.
Final: Sunday evening
Good fun, social event gives members a chance to meet and play different people.
No club night on Friday 24th November.
Preparations for Kendal Mountain Festival start on Monday 13th November and we will have no access to our car park until after 1700 on Monday 21st November. Please allow extra time for parking if you are driving to the club.
We have come to arrangement with the Brewery Arts Centre to cover parking costs incurred by members who would normally use the car park while playing. If you pay for parking, please retain your parking ticket to claim a refund from the club after the festival has finished.
Many apologies for the inconvenience.
A fun- packed evening of horrors to celebrate Halloween – fluorescent squash timed handicap. Spooky!
Starts 1830 on Saturday 28th October: court 3 lights blacked out, replaced with UV lights . Novel form of play sets in. As if its not hard enough playing, this adds the dimension of playing in the dark!
To secure your place in the draw, advance entry required: £4.00 via classes/events section of the booking system. Light clothing required – fancy dress optional
Not to be missed…. “a hysterical horror”